Friday, February 26, 2010

Silicone caulk around heating pipes in apartment?

I bought silicone caulking for the holes in my apartment. I saw that there were holes in the ceiling around the heating pipe... so i put a little silicone in the holes. It says on the bottle that it can withstand up to 400F degrees. Now today I am thinking -- that I don't know how hot those pipes get. Should it be okay??Silicone caulk around heating pipes in apartment?
Yes, I think most water is around 120Silicone caulk around heating pipes in apartment?
yes it is fine. i guess that the pipe is hot water heat that runs between 100 and 120F in residentual settings or if the pipe is an exaust pipe it is double insolated (fire/CO protection) and does not get hotter that about 200F.
  • small business loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment