Saturday, February 27, 2010

Does shower drain require silicone?

I'm wondering if my new shower drain (for a tiled shower floor) needs to be caulked? The lip of the weep rim is set to floor level and the strainer is about an inch higher which screws on.


Does this strainer portion need to be caulked (under) after it is set at the correct level? So basically, I instrall the drain, the tile is already set, screw on the top strainer portion. Does that portion also need to be sealed onto the tile? Thx in advance!Does shower drain require silicone?
If it has had a leak test done and the water stayed in the shower then no. If a leak test hasn't been done then I would do one just to make sure all is OK.Does shower drain require silicone?
Shouldn't need to be caulked assuming your sub-tile prep work was adequate. I would make sure to place a sealant on the tile grout before using tho.
  • small business loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment