Friday, February 26, 2010

Is a silicone iPod case better than an acrylic case?

I've got a new iPod Nano (2nd gen I think) and I want to get a case before my 15 day return policy is over. I was looking at a variety of a cases and I wondered what case will protect the iPod better. You see, I've got a terrible record for portable media. I've frozen an mp3 player (somehow) and dropped the other out a window.Is a silicone iPod case better than an acrylic case?
A good silicone case is generally more protective than a rigid case, but silicone is 'catchy'- it snags on fabric, etc. as you try to slide it in and out.





You may also look for a good skin- a thin stick-on cover that protects from scratches and daily wear. The newer Nanos don't need them as much but they help the older ones nicely.Is a silicone iPod case better than an acrylic case?
I wonder how you dropped it out of the window.





Anyway, buy a cover that will absorb the shock when you drop it. Since iPod nanos have a flash drive, it shouldn't be as sensitive as the video iPod, which has a hard drive. Silicone covers are very tricky because they tend to stick to the iPod. I would get a cover with soft but durable material on the inside and leather on the outside. Here's an example:


http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?鈥?/a>





It's very durable and protects your iPod better than a silicone cover would. I suggest buying this kind of cover, but with no magnets. I have magnets in my cover, and my iPod ended up having very bad scratches on it. Buy one with a button or a velcro strap.
silicone because if acrylic is the hard one than it wont absorb thee shock of a fall like a soft silicone cover will=]
idk lol

No comments:

Post a Comment