Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do you like to use silicone for....?

baking and in the kitchen. I have a couple of new silicone baking items oven mitt, muffin pan...





What do you think about silicone bakeware?Do you like to use silicone for....?
Absolutely love the silicone/';silpat'; mats for cookies. But I'm not a huge fan of the silicone cake and muffin pans. They're hard to handle because they're so flexible. And they leave this weird shiny finish on the bottom of the cakes and muffins that I just don't like the look of. Just makes it look like something that was mass produced. I like the ';homemade'; look. But I'm fussy like that!Do you like to use silicone for....?
Ive using a silicone for fish tank, wood frame,


windows frames but not bakeware becuz it will melted.
no. I once used a silicone bunt pan. i thought it was hard to place in the oven because I couldn't set it down and slide it in. I also thought it was hard to remove it for the same reason. The cake I made with it broke and I don't think it cooked as well. The only advantage was that it was easier to clean.
silicone is the best it doesn't seem to burn and the gloves reaaly are heat resistant, well the starfrit ones are.

No comments:

Post a Comment